Thursday 5 July 2012

jungle trekking.




I hate the jungle.  I hate jungle trekking even more.  I could make a whole list of reasons why the jungle isn’t a great place  (bugs, heat, guides, ups, downs, leaches, bugs, stings, sweat, tree-roots to name a few) but I won’t.   Nancy thought up a good analogy, trekking in a jungle feels like being in a shopping mall.  You come out stressed and tired; you have collected a heap of stuff you don’t want need (in the case of the jungle mostly bites); there is too much stuff going on which causes sensory overload and at first you enjoy it but by the time you leave you never go back; and,  you always seem to go back.

Apart from my dislike of the jungle and that is pretty much where Katembe is, Katembe was a nice place but very quiet and not much to do.  So, if you dislike the jungle, and couldn’t really care less about seeing so-called ‘wild’ orangutans, stay away from there.  I’m not afraid to say that I prefer David Attenborough, a zoo or watching pets in the back garden any day of the week.

I prefer seeing life from the road.

Just too much stuff going on

You trek for three hrs to the hot springs and then when you get there the local school turn up via the road that also leads to the same place.

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend Mr, Benjamin services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / lfdsloans@outlook.com  Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete